Counselor & Family Therapist | Fort Collins, CO
Are you stressed out, overwhelmed, and exhausted by life and no matter what you do, it never seems to get any better? Do you put out one fire only to be faced with another?
Do you feel judged as a parent because your child is struggling? Is your child the cause of anxiety and stress instead of joy and delight?
Are you constantly caring for and worrying about others and neglecting yourself in the process? Do you have a hard time saying “no”? Do you find yourself feeling resentful because you have no time left for yourself?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, I can help when you need a therapist in Fort Collins, CO. I help clients identify the root cause of their distress and help them go on to live happier and more balanced lives through compassionate and understanding therapy and counseling services.
As an Experienced Counselor I help individuals:
- improve and strengthen their relationships with others
- increase their self-esteem
- learn healthy coping skills
- bring playfulness and joy back into their lives
- have healthy, loving boundaries
- identify “triggers” and manage their emotional responses
- find a balance between caring for others and caring for themselves
- heal from past trauma (we all have trauma, we’re just really good at keeping it buried)
- navigate transitions (divorce, children leaving home, birth of a child, moving, new job, loss of job)
- re-invent themselves and go on to live in line with their values and desires
I help children, and families whose children:
- have emotional outbursts when things don’t go their way
- don’t respond to consequences and are argumentative
- struggle behaviorally and/or emotionally at school
- have been abused or are adopted and are having a hard time adapting
- refuse to follow directions and will not accept “no” for an answer
- have difficulty getting along with others
- display self-destructive tendencies
- are withdrawn, aggressive, hyperactive, or anxious
- have been through a traumatic experience (abuse, neglect, bullying, natural disaster)
- are having a hard time adjusting (to a divorce, move, new school, or any other transition)
- have attachment concerns
You have taken the first step to creating a better life for yourself by looking online for a therapist near Fort Collins. It takes great courage to admit you need help and I am honored you are considering Pathfinders Counseling as you search for help in the Fort Collins area.
If you think I would be a good fit for you or your child/family, I encourage you to Call or email me today to set up your first appointment; or schedule online on your computer or smartphone. We can work together to help you live the life you deserve!