You long for family harmony and personal peace, but life is full of conflict and chaos.
We can help you and your loved ones find your way to back to connection and joy.
Counselor & Family Therapist | Fort Collins, CO
Due to the current concerns surrounding coronavirus and in an effort to help flatten the curve, we have made the following temporary changes in order to provide continued services to our clients.
All scheduled sessions with adults and children age 8+ will take place online using a secure Telehealth video platform.
Play Therapy sessions with children ages 7 and younger will take place either online or in-office with additional safety precautions in place.
A parent’s wellbeing and ability to stay regulated has a direct, positive impact on their children. Let us help you regulate so you can be the best version of yourself for your child.
We are offering short-term crisis counseling to those who need help navigating these uncertain times. The focus of these sessions will be on calming the nervous system and learning tools and skills to get and stay regulated. Click here to schedule.
Please take care of yourselves and reach out for support.
Click here to learn how to talk to your child about COVID-19.
“Play is training for the unexpected” – Marc Bekoff, Biologist
The stress comes from all sides.
A child who once brought wonder and delight now seems to live beneath a cloud and it’s impacting everyone in the house. When you’re away from home, you feel the weight of others’ judgment over how your kids are doing. And, as you are constantly caring for and worrying about others you neglect your own needs.
These struggles can be isolating, but you’re not alone. Many modern families are feeling the strain, but we’re here to help you heal and grow stronger so you never reach your breaking point.
At Pathfinders Counseling, we help individuals, couples, children, and families from across the Fort Collins, CO area find their own path to peace, harmony, and fulfillment.
Play therapy and compassionate counseling can help you find your way to balance and happiness.
Why do individuals & couples come to us for counseling?
- improve and strengthen relationships
- bring playfulness and joy back into their lives
- increase self-esteem and learn healthy coping skills
- find a balance between caring for others and caring for themselves
- heal from past trauma (read more about how we all have all suffered trauma of some kind)
- navigate transitions (divorce, children leaving home, birth of a child, moving, new job, loss of job)
- re-invent themselves and go on to live in line with their values and desires
We help children and families whose children:
- have emotional outbursts and will not accept “no” for an answer when things don’t go their way
- have difficulty getting along with others
- struggle behaviorally and/or emotionally at school
- display self-destructive tendencies
- are withdrawn, aggressive, hyperactive, or anxious
- have been through a traumatic experience (abuse, neglect, bullying, natural disaster)
- are having a hard time adjusting (to a divorce, move, new school, adoption, or any other transition)
If you’d like to support your child as he or she plays her way to wellness, we can help.
If you want to put your family relationships at the center of your life while still honoring the need for self-care, we’re here for you.
Schedule now to set up your first appointment. We can work together to help you live the life you deserve!